A Fairtrade School
We gained FAIRTRADE School status in February 2014 and continue to operate as a FAIRTRADE School.
The children have been learning about the difference FAIRTRADE makes to children who live in the developing world. We celebrate FAIRTRADE day each year by inviting the children and staff to come to school dressed in FAIRTRADE colours in exchange for a FAIRTRADE wrapper.
Projects so far include
- taking part in a FAIRTRADE treasure hunt
- Making a huge FAIRTRADE banner to show all the countries in the world that produce FAIRTRADE goods
- Cooking with FAIRTRADE ingredients
- Writing to the government to ask for the school fruit scheme to be FAIRTRADE
- Writing to Prince Charles to ask for the school fruit scheme to be FAIRTRADE
- Making a colourful collage using FAIRTRADE packaging
- Making a presentation about our school at the International FAIRTRADE Conference.